Welcome To Konkan Green King
Infrastructure package for Konkan region, Maharashtra to bring in future growth - translates into good news for Kokan.
'Government lines up Rs 5,000 crore package for Konkan' : Economic Times - June 25th, 2009
'Rs 5,000 crore Konkan package on poll eve' : Indian Express - June 25th 2009
'Rs 5,200 crore boost for Konkan belt' : Times of India - June 25th, 2009
In a move that will positively impact the Konkan region, the Maharashtra government has announced a financial package worth Rs 5,200 crore. Infrastructure, tourism, irrigation have all been included in this financial package.
Developments will be seen in the following sectors for which money has been allocated:
- Rs 1,550 crore = 39 new irrigation projects.
- Rs 820 crore = Completion of pending irrigation projects.
- Rs 244 crore = Road projects.
- Rs 60 crore = Development of ports.
- Rs 150 crore = Water conservation.
- Rs 116 crore = Development of khar (salty) lands.
- Rs 67 crore = Construction of tourist facilities.
The National Highway 17 runs along the western coast of India and passes through the states of Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, and Kerala. Part of this plan will be the four-laning of the 471 km long Mumbai Goa highway (as the NH 17 is popularly called in Maharashtra).This will give a major thrust to connectivity.
Vision & Mission
Our heart beat is to impact lives. The scale of our business means that we have the chance to lead and have a global impact, changing the lives of millions...